Guided meditation can create peace in your life through breathing, imagery and body awareness. It involves listening to instructions that are meant to bring the body and the mind into a state of awareness, clarity and complete relaxation. Physical advantages of guided meditation include stress relief, better sleep and improved health. The practitioner may also discover a sense of greater self awareness through the journey of meditation. Guided meditation can be experienced in a class with a teacher or guide, or in digital form with a DVD, CD, or downloaded audio or video product.
Guided meditation has been available for some time now. The wide access to CD programs and downloadable products makes guided meditation more available to all, and these excellent resources can be utilized all the more frequently to enhance personal growth and improve health. Frequently, a self guided meditation can have similar limitations to a standard quiet meditation – it’s easy for the inexperienced to become sidetracked. Guided meditation CDs can be a wonderful answer to this concern.
Consider that using a guided meditation is similar to having a teacher who accompanies you every step of your journey to well-being and health. It can be much easier to achieve success in your meditation when you have a soothing voice to guide you. Guided meditations are meant to reduce the difficulty in meditation and make it easier for you to relax into a meditative state.
Here are some suggestions for how to get the most from your guided meditation CD:
- Pay attention to the length of the meditation. You will want it to be long enough to help you to sink into a relaxed state and stay there for about 20 minutes. 20 minutes of deep relaxation per day is enough to counter the negative effects of chronic stress and positively benefit your health.
- Set aside time when you know you will not be disturbed. Switch off the phone. Find a quiet space where you can relax.
- Choose a comfortable position: lying down with adequate support under your head and neck, or sitting comfortably. You will want to be relaxed, yet alert.
- Once the CD begins, close your eyes and focus on the soothing voice of your guide.
- An experienced guide will take you into a deep state of relaxation before bringing you back gently. You will emerge refreshed and rested. It is good to give yourself a few minutes to come out of the meditation, to allow yourself to come back to the present moment and become oriented to the rest of your day.
- Since you are not attending a structured class for meditation, it is important to make a commitment to practicing with your guided meditation CD. It can be very helpful to set aside a certain time each day and commit to your guided meditation practice at that time.
- Using your guided meditation CD can also be of great assistance to you when you feel nervous before facing a challenging situation. For example, if you have to make a presentation or express an opinion before a gathering, practicing your guided meditation before the event can soothe your nerves and help you to prepare for the occasion.
Guided meditation is good for you! Listening to a soothing voice that gently leads you to a place of stillness and calm can help to lessen the effects of stress in your life and can lead to greater health, peace, and joy. You can begin to discover your true self and commune with your heart through this delightful method of meditation. Take 20 minutes to improve your life! Practice it daily, if possible. You’ll be glad you did.
* * * *
Delight to the soothing voice of Sandi Anders on The Alchemy of Peace & Love, a 2 CD-set designed to take you to a place of deep rest, quiet peace, and profound relaxation. Say “yes” to better health and improved quality of life.
Guided Meditation 4 Relaxation is part of the Synergy group of websites devoted to helping you improve your quality of life.